Monday 12 September 2011

So, last week in the movie the class watched on languages I found that one idea really stuck out to me.
"Every time a language dies, a vision of the world dies with it"
So I've decided to follow that stream of thought and find out whether language really does contribute to the way we percieve the world around us and if so, how does the idea of the world in the eyes of English speakers differ to those speaking other languages.

At the moment my mum is over in Africa with a couple who are currently living in a small village in Cameroon developing a written language for a people who's language is dying out.
To get a better idea on the subject I am going to be following I will be living vicariously through my mother to find out how her perception of what is going on differs to those around her who speak the language being developed.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment